Sunday, September 21, 2008

Broccoli...

I spent most of my life believing that I did not like broccoli. Of course, I had never tried it. That's sort of how it goes for me with food. I make a snap decision and then I stick by it. Broccoli looked complicated, smelled funny, and therefore I did not like it. I didn't have to actually eat it - I just knew.

Now, this could be a morality tale, and I could tell you that I eventually tried it, realized how much I loved it, regretted wasting so much of my life in a broccoli-less wasteland. And I could tell you that I learned my lesson, that now I'll try anything before deciding whether or not I like it.

But life is not so simple, nor authored by Disney. I did try broccoli, a few years ago - and...I didn't hate it. There are times when I really enjoy it, even. But I definitely have to be in the mood for it, and most of the time I do not want it.

And I still can't bring myself to try cauliflower.

1 comment:

Mel said...

You get 1 point for broccoli but no points for tying it in with your blog theme (which, I do recognize, is a bit loose, but there must be something to distinguish this one from the (now defunct?) "Updates from Austin").

Grand total = 1