Tuesday, October 7, 2008

World Domination in 24 Hours

Midnight: Sleeping. A girl needs her beauty rest.
1 AM: Wake. Pop a Provigil for the MS point (Provigil is the wonder drug that keeps me awake). (Sometimes).
2 AM: Finish downloading NPR podcasts, drive to airport
3 AM: Board super-fast jet for a quick lay-of-the-land trip around the world.
4 AM: Still flying (it's not THAT fast)
5 AM: Land, study the pictures taken from the super-fast jet. No ideas yet.
6-10AM: Nap. Provigil only goes so far.
10 AM: Awake, not at all refreshed. Pop another Provigil to approximate that refreshed feeling
11 AM: Remember Google
Noon: Half-way there, and world domination no closer. Click past page 8 of Google results for "taking over the world." Begin to think that Google doesn't have the answer.
12:15 PM: Realize that of COURSE Google has the answer, Google knows everything.
12:20 PM: Discover blueprints on taking over the world on page 11 of search results (luckily for me, most people don't get past the first page)
1:00 PM: Damn thing's in Powerpoint.
2:00 PM: And Ancient Egyptian.
2:00 - 7:00 PM: Brush up on my Ancient Egyptian (and Powerpoint)
7:00 PM: Get back in the jet
7:00 - 11:00 PM - Travel around the world again, collecting all of the underwear from all of the dryers in the world, like some bizarre frat-boy Santa Claus with a penchant for laundromats
11:00 - 11:30 ???
Midnight: World domination achieved.

1 comment:

Mel said...

A beautiful plan! Sorry that I've been an absent reader, silly work schedule has been keeping me too busy and I haven't actually taken the laptop at home out of it's case since I got back to ATL on Monday. But now at least I know I have something to look forward to during the rest of the week as I wade through your UBER-LONG posts about the economy. Which is not the next theme challenge. I'll have to think on that one. But your points are now 5 of 6 (already up to a B-, 83%). BTW - I'm driving home tonight (Wed) if you're bored in the evening, call, I'll be in the car.